Sunday, September 15, 2013

Victory Postponed; End of Battle Denied

        This spoiled Trojan son-of-Priam's pretty-boy, Alexandros, is naught but a jellyfish; even Hector, his own brother, was so disgusted with his spineless behavior when facing my righteously-enraged brother, Menelaos, that he publicly chastised him. The troops were in an uproar over this spectacle, but I quieted them down in order to give Hector the chance to announce Paris' intentions; Helen would be returned if he lost in a one-on-one fight with Menelaos; peace will once again reign between our people. I think I see her there, along the wall, watching the battle between her husband and captor which will decide her fate. We always got along quite well; I used to get the impression from her that she really liked and admired me, wishing I had taken her instead of Menelaos, but that's neither here nor there, now.

Helen at the wall
Fredric Leighton
users.sch.gr
user

        If Menelaos wins, we can all go home. Well, it turns out that, after my brother decisively won the match, clearly the stronger of the two, Paris somehow magically disappeared at the moment of his obvious defeat. No matter; both sides agree that Menelaos won. The agreement was cast aside, however, once the Trojan, Pandarus, shot Menelaos with that arrow though; the fight was on again in spades.

Before the battle between Menelaos and Paris



 Menelaos pulls Paris by the helmet
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/16472880@N06/tags/menelaus/


No comments:

Post a Comment